Sunday, February 22, 2015

Peer Reviews: Gothic

This week I reviewed Alex Richardson and Alexandra Ferrara

Alex Richardson: Her blog was spot on, the look is so professional and she really has a great understanding of the Gothic period. She is very correct in saying that architecture was built with the purpose of affecting individuals' mood and spirit in a religious way. Her images were wonderful and the views of the interiors of the cathedrals were absolutely beautiful. I also like that she said the structures were built as a way to reach God, it is amazing that they could even construct such huge intricate structures at this time. The only thing that I was unsure about was her third current application image, I did not see what she thought was Gothic about it, so it would just take some explaining for me to understand. Overall, her blog is awesome!

Alexandra Ferrara: I thought that Alexandra's blog was interesting, she did a good job of covering multiples areas of Gothic design. It was interesting learning more about the domestic interiors because I did not personally look into that area of Gothic design for my blog. The images of the furniture that she found were exactly what I would have imagined seeing inside the interiors of this time period. I also liked the current application images.

No comments:

Post a Comment